- Board of Commissioners
- Strategic Plan
Klamath County Announces Strategic Planning Process
Dear County Community Members,
We are excited to announce that we have started a strategic planning process for our County. This process will help us define our goals and priorities, identify our strengths and weaknesses, and create a roadmap for the future development of our community.
Why is strategic planning important for our community?
Strategic planning is a critical process that helps organizations and communities identify their priorities and develop a plan to achieve them. By engaging in this process, we can ensure that we are working towards a common vision and leveraging our resources effectively. A strategic plan can help us make informed decisions, allocate resources efficiently, and track our progress over time.
What will the strategic planning process involve?
• The strategic planning process will involve several stages, including:
• Visioning: We will engage the community to develop a shared vision of the future for our county.
• Assessment: We will assess our current strengths and weaknesses, as well as the opportunities and challenges that we face.
• Goal-setting: Based on our vision and assessment, we will develop a set of strategic goals that reflect our community's priorities.
• Action planning: We will develop specific action plans to achieve each goal, identifying the resources needed and the metrics for success.
• Implementation: We will implement our action plans and monitor our progress over time.
We want to engage as many community members as possible in the strategic planning process. Your input is critical to ensuring that the plan reflects the diverse perspectives and priorities of our community. We recently hosted two community meetings and distributed a survey to gather input and feedback from our community. We are in the process of analyzing all the data we collected and will update this page soon.
We are excited to embark on this journey with you and look forward to creating a brighter future for our county.
The Klamath County Strategic Planning Team