Appointments are required for Passports 
to schedule an appointment, please call (541) 883-5134.

Please come prepared (please see below for complete list):

  • check or money order for US Department of State fees
  • passport photos (we do not take photos at our facility)

Passports applications are accepted between 8:30am - 4:00pm.

Passport Fees

Age 16 Years / Older:

If you are 16 years of age or older the passport fee is $130 (payable to U.S State Department), the execution fee is $35 (payable to Klamath County Clerk). Your passport will be valid for 10 years from the date of issue except where limited by the U.S Secretary of State to a shorter period.

Age 15 & Younger:

If you are 15 years of age or younger the passport fee is $100 (payable to U.S State Department), the execution fee is $35 (payable to Klamath County Clerk). Both parents/guardians must be present with children to sign the application. Your passport will be valid for five years from the date of issue except where limited as above.

Note: *Checks are required for any payment made to the U.S. Dept of State.

Passport Renewals:

You may use the renewal form if your previous passport:

  • Was issued when you were 16 years of age or older
  • Was issued in the last 15 years
  • Is not damaged
  • Is submitted with your application

The fee for a passport renewal is $130 (forms can be obtained in the County Clerk’s Office or visit the U.S Department of State Site).

Expedited Service:

Expedited service is available only in the United States. Expedite requests will be processed in 3 workdays from the receipt at a Passport Agency. Proof of travel may be required. The additional fee is $60 per application. In addition to the expedited service, you may request sending and receiving via Express Mail for an additional $34 per passport application.

Payment Methods:

The passport fee, in both cases above, needs to be paid in one of the following manners: Check-personal, certified, traveler’s, cashier’s; money order-US Postal, international, currency exchange; or if abroad, the foreign currency equivalent, or a check drawn on a U.S bank.

The execution fee may be paid in any of the above methods plus cash.

Requirements for Obtaining a Passport:

Proof of U.S Citizenship

  • Applicants born in the United States: Submit previous U.S passport or certified birth certificate. A birth certificate must include your given name and surname, date and place of birth, date the birth record was filed, and seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records. A record filed more than 1 year after the birth is acceptable if it is supported by evidence described in the next paragraph.
  • If no birth record exists: Submit registrar’s notice to that effect. Also submit an early baptismal or circumcision certificate, hospital birth record, early census, school, or family Bible records, newspaper or insurance files, or notarized affidavits of persons knowledgeable of your birth (preferably with at least one record listed above). Evidence should include your given name and surname, date and place of birth, and seal or other certification of office (if customary) and signature of issuing official.
  • Applicants born outside the United States: Submit previous U.S passport or Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship, or a Report of Birth Abroad, or evidence described below:
    • If you claim citizenship through naturalization of parent(s), submit the Certificate(s) of Naturalization of your parent(s), your foreign birth certificate, and proof of your admission to the United States for permanent residence.
    • If you claim citizenship through birth abroad to U.S Citizen parent(s), submit a Consular Report of Birth (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth (Form DS-1350 or FS-545), or your foreign birth certificate, parents’ marriage certificate, proof of citizenship of your parent(s), and affidavit of U.S citizen parent(s) showing all periods and places of residence/physical presence in the United States and abroad before your birth.

Proof of Identity

If the acceptance agent does not personally know you, you must establish your identity to the agent’s satisfaction. You may submit items such as the following containing your signature AND physical description or photograph that is a good likeness of you: previous U.S passport; Certificate of Naturalization or of Citizenship; driver’s license (not temporary or learner’s license); or government (Federal, State, or Municipal) identification card or pass. Temporary or altered documents are not acceptable.

Two Photographs

Submit two identical photographs of you alone, sufficiently recent to be a good likeness (normally taken within the last 6 months), 2 x 2 inches in size, with an image size from bottom of chin to top of head (including hair) of between 1 and 1-3/8 inches. Photographs must be clear, front view, full face, taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses, and printed on thin paper with a plain light (white or off-white) background. They may be black and white or color. They must be capable of withstanding a mounting temperature of 225° Fahrenheit (107° Celsius). Photographs retouched so that your appearance is changed are unacceptable. Snapshots, most vending machine prints, and magazine or full-length photographs are unacceptable.

Visit the U.S. Passports and International Travel website to learn about passport application.